Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Interview with Peter Handke


Shocking revelation by the writer from whom I've desperately tried to keep secret that I ride a mountainbike!

Sie haben sich ein Fahrrad gekauft. / You bought a bicycle?

Yes, Sir. Nach dem Tun habe ich ein Bedürfnis, aus der Beengung herauszukommen und an Theken herumzustehen. Fernsehen mag ich dann nicht, aber an der Bar zu stehen ist wirklich im Wortsinn eine Lösung. / Yes. Sir. After working, I have the need to come out of isolation and to stand around at bars. I don't like television, but to stand at a bar is really, in the sense of the word, a solution.


Sie haben zwei erwachsene Töchter, die Ihnen vermutlich nahelegen, endlich das Schreiben von E-Mails zu erlernen. Wann knicken Sie ein? / You have two grown daughters who probably impress on you that you should finally learn to write e-mail messages. When will you buckle under?

Wenn Sie das Wort einknicken noch mal verwenden, stelle ich Sie hinaus in den Regen. / If you use the word buckle under again, I'll put you out in the rain.


Was soll auf Ihrem Grabstein stehen? / What will be on your gravestone?

Mein Grabspruch ist: Bin hinten. / My epitaph is: I'm out back.


The entire interview is here:

http://sz-magazin.sueddeutsche.de/texte/anzeigen/38671/1/1


No comments: